Thursday 30 August 2007

いただきます!

A while ago, I bought 2 little bento (弁当) on ebay, and last week they arrived! :D

They are tiny but really cute ^^ ! From the same online-store I also bought a pair of chopsticks and various accessories to make bento’s food :) I really like those chopsticks! XD I think they’re sooo cute!! >.<

Bento is a lunch-box used in Japan and there are various different types of them. Often it appears also in anime/manga's stories.

Here on the wikipedia page there are many information about it.

The traditional bento consists in a meal with rice, fish (or meat), and cooked vegetables and usually the aspect of the food is colourful and with cute shapes.

On the web there are many websites proposing interesting bento’s recipes. I can’t advice any at the moment, because I haven’t used them yet (I will on holidays or when University begins ^^) and even because I’ll have to find or create some vegetarian recipe for them ^_^ !

I attach the pictures of my bento! :D


No comments: